Three generations of “Herrs” have been serving quality foods to the area for 96 years.
Our History Begins with the D.L. Herr Store in 1919…
Later D.L. Herr’s son, John H. Herr Sr. enlarged the same store numerous times over the years, while at the 10 Manor Avenue location. In 1974, John H. Herr Jr. built a new 19,000 square feet supermarket at 25 Manor Ave across the street from the older location. Since that time, the store at its present location has been enlarged several more time to its present size of 46,000 square feet.
On June 1, 2001 the Herr Family sold the family business to the Eshleman Family. The president, Jim Eshleman has been with John Herr’s Inc. for over 63 years. Now three generations of Eshleman’s; Jim (President), along with his wife Marie (Secretary) and son (Vice President) Keith, and now Keith’s son Chad, continue to pledge friendly service; customers have come to know over the years.
A clean store and warm atmosphere makes shopping a pleasure. If you have never been here, stop in, and give us a try!